Thursday, April 10, 2008

This is my life

Many people think once you get married, your life is settled and possibly not exciting anymore. Which I joked about often, but that is entirely not true. Having someone for life by your side is the greatest gift. You not only get to experience life, but you get to share it with someone else. Then when it is just you two, the questions come, "When are you buying a house? When are the kids coming?...." People even think that once you have kids, your life is officially boring. You can't go out when you want to and sleep in when you are tired. I actually had touched on these thoughts before these major events happened in my life. Now I realize that the opposite is true. The love for my husband is intense, but even more indescribable when you have kids of your own. When you have a family you are a very close unit that gets to share your life with other great family and friends. I wake up everyday to hear my 10 month old son playing in his crib on the monitor. I walk slowly down the hall and open the door to a smiling blonde haired and blue eyed handsome little man standing in his crib. The expression in his eyes and smile tells me he is happy to see my (sometimes) smile on my face. We go downstairs and make a bottle to have our special-quiet time. I know if I stop upstairs, Wyatt may cry and wake my 2 year old up. I kick my husband off of the couch, so I can manage to suck down a cup of coffee while Wyatt is having his morning bottle hopefully before my 2 year old son decides to grace us with his presence. *Note: my hubby is a light sleeper, and I guess I make "noise" when I sleep. So, he sleeps on the couch. Whatever!* Then Ronnie will take his half awake self upstairs to manage to get into bed, sleep for maybe 30 more minutes until Hayden wakes up. Hayden gets his special daddy time upstairs in the morning. Then chaos sets in.....I have usually 30 minutes before my daycare kids begin to come. The boys need to get dressed and fed, and in the meantime I am still in my PJ's wondering when I can manage to get dressed and brush my teeth?! The kids start coming, so the first round with breakfast starts with my own two kids and one daycare baby. "more waffles, please," coming from Hayden while Wyatt is whining to be next to eat, even though he ate less then an hour ago, but you know he has to do what his brother does. Then once the breakfast rotation is over, the babies are tired and need a bottle. Then the 'big kids' need a snack, so the process of washing hands and sit at the table begin. Before you know it, it is lunch time and the process starts again, but this time the babies are awake and want you to grow 8 arms quick, so you can feed them also. After lunch and the clean up, it is book time and then Ahhhhh...nap time. Then the babies get special playtime and they are tired and want to go to bed. When they are going to sleep, the big kids are wanting to get up. Wow I managed to get a 20 minute break today! yeah!!!:) Then it is pick up time which is chaotic because you want everyone awake, fed and diapers changed before the parents come. Then I get to be with my kids until Ronnie gets home from work about Wyatt's bedtime. Then I get to snuggle with Hayden and get a conversation in with my husband while he is eating his dinner. By the time Hayden goes to bed, I am ready for bed. Then my day starts again tomorrow. I am not complaining, this is my so called life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your day sounds just as stressful as an office job can be but so much more rewarding! I like being a dog Mom for now.Maybe someday my days will sound like yours.

ABCDH said...

You inspire me too, just for the record.