Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Madyson Lee Masson

Madyson Lee Masson was born today! I am an auntie! Mady was born at 9:47 am at Abbott Northwestern in Minneapolis and she was 9 pounds and 0.6 ounces with a height of 21 inches. The C-section went very smooth! When Mady was out and Tina was getting stitched up, Bart brought Madyson in the waiting room to meet us. I felt like he would be out soon, so I grabbed my camera out of my purse and immediately I spotted my brother walking down the hall. I was hit with emotion to see my brother in tears as he held his daughter in his arms. First thing, I noticed about her is that she had cute little cheeks already! She has dark hair. I can't wait to see her in a couple days when she will change again. I love my brother, because he is such a marshmallow. He was born to be a father and even more so to have a "daddy's girl." Tina is doing well, she feels great and when we left this afternoon, she was patiently waiting to eat. My mom informed me that this afternoon they noticed that Madyson wasn't breathing and was turning red. The nurse was called in to remove more fluid out of her lungs. Since Madyson was a C-section baby, they tend to have water in their lungs. Usually, that water is squeezed out when a baby comes out of their mother during a vaginal birth. A little background knowledge :) I didn't have that problem with my two boys who had I had c-sections with, but I am so thankful that she is ok. That is every parent's nightmare, especially when you are a new parent! Yikes! Anyway. I am so happy for my brother and Tina. Congratulations on your new family! Love you!

PS yeah still not able to get pictures up on this site, any recommendations?!

3 comments:

ABCDH said...

Congratulations to Bart and Tina.
To post pictures you go to "new post" and click on the picture looking icon on the tool bar right above where you put your text. You browse your computer and add - just like myspace.

Clare Marie said...

yes...seems simple, I know. Imagine my craziness! Internet exployer either comes up-like a don't have enough signal or the is an upload error. Urgh!!!

ABCDH said...

Hmmm.....