We just got back from JC Penny's from getting family portraits done! What a nightmare! All morning Hayden has been in prime mood, prime!!! We decided to grab some yummy brunch at Granite City, so the kids wouldn't be starving. The kids did fine at the restaurant, but still pushed buttons. It is stressful enough just trying to coordinate, dress and plan for 3 other adults while I mange to get myself looking like I didn't just run a marathon. Then we arrive at our appointment to check in 20 minutes early, then we could sit down and get the boys changed and hair brushed. But to add to the chaos...we forget it was daylight saving time, so we missed our appointment. Thanks goodness they has an opening in about a 1/2 hour. Ronnie goes to use the phone and Wyatt starts taking off. Hayden informs me that he has to go to the bathroom. Ronnie comes back and takes Hayden to the bathroom.Our names are called to go back the minute Ronnie and Hayden are out of sight.
Family portraits go very well, but after the 4th one Wyatt starts pointing at everything. The rest of the session goes accordingly....Hayden loves the camera, but seems to have the most anticipated possessed smile. Wyatt wants to be in Hayden's individual pictures, Wyatt wants to climb and play with toys rather then taking his own pictures, but I manage to get a few face pictures behind a soccer ball. Wyatt and Hayden didn't want to stay still to get a loving brotherly picture. Ronnie is sitting in the doorway laughing at the circus occurring in the room and I am trying my best to interest my children to focus just for one second, so I can capture a moment in time. This is why it has been almost a year since we have done this. Afterwards we all took a walk, so the kids could blow off some energy. The kids were all over the place. Thanks goodness the boys stayed in one place while I picked out the pictures. The photographer says, "what a good looking family." I wonder.....Is this all worth it?
Yeah of course. When I have those pictures on the wall, it doesn't remind me of a day of craziness. It reminds me of the time when they are little and growing. I will look back and always remember how blessed I was to have them in my lives and will forget days like this when it is hard to perform the littlest task. The pictures on the wall will remind me that time goes by fast and shows how far we have come as a family. Everyday can be a challenge, but doing it together is what reminds us of what is important. Family. Said in just portrait.
No comments:
Post a Comment