Since my children are with me most of the time, I have had Radio Disney on in the car. During the lunch hour, they have Disney Junior music during that consists of preschool type music or songs from Disney movies. Otherwise, it's modern teeny bopper music. Yesterday, "A Whole New World" from Aladdin came on the radio. I felt like I was 11 years old again. I knew the song word for word and could recall how I felt at that age, especially about love. Love by definition is beautiful and untouchable but is much more complicated as an adult. To me at the mature age of 11, (haha) love was a constant and thrilling feeling. A sense of freedom and everlasting life. I dreamt that I would meet that special person and instantly know my place in his world and he would know his place in mine. Love is a hard feeling to describe. I giggle at my innocent idea about love at that age but feel proud that I feel I have replicated but evolved it so well into my adult life. Ronnie and I still look at each other as if we have just met. I especially look at Ronnie when he talks passionately about something or smiles or while he talks with a friend or when he spends quality time with our children. We aren't always perfect to one another, but we always are trying to be better people to each other and build our love so it can grow. What I find funny is that Ronnie and I have the same New Year Goal-I dislike the word "Resolution" because I don't like to resolve. I like to continuously grow. We both want to be better spouses and better parents. I believe with that comes better ability to take care of ourselves, to be better friends and to live a happier life. 2013 is for brushing our shoulders off and starting a whole new world.
Happy New Year!

1 comment:
I always hoped my kids would be better parents than I was. So far, it has come true. Keep on keeping on! Minda
Post a Comment