Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

We had such a great Halloween! Hayden made a great recovery from being sick that very early morning, but we still kept a low-key day just hanging around the house.

Evening came and my parents, aunts, and my brother's family came over to celebrate the evening of ghouls. I fed the boys some sandwiches, but they both were much too excited. We got costumes on...Wyatt was an elephant and Hayden was a "fire truck man." Ronnie, me and my aunts Kathy and Cindy took the boys over next door to Ronnie's parents' house. They always have had decorations up as long I have known them and Hayden and Wyatt loved it. They were walking by the censored head stone that talked or the woman statue that cackled when you pushed her button. I love seeing my boys light up with excitement.

Then we went house to house trick or treating. They both were prepped by greeting with "trick or treat" and then saying "thank you" when you get candy. Every house we went to Hayden would tell me that he got more candy. He was amazed and having a great time. Wyatt liked following Hayden to the houses, but his legs are so little Hayden would be leaving the house by the time Wyatt made it there. Half way between houses, Wyatt would say "thank you." Late, but very cute.

I love my neighborhood. I love that there are so many kids that go around and that the houses are decorated so well. Hayden and Wyatt would get really excited to see such decorations. We probably made it about 3 or 4 blocks when Hayden said he had enough candy. So funny. We hiked the couple blocks back home to see my parents and Bart, Tina and Maddy. Maddy, my niece was a ladybug. So very cute and happy. It was her first Halloween!

The boys were allowed 2 or 3 pieces of candy, but having a sucker slowed then down to only 1-2 pieces. We made some apple pie and pumpkin cookies for everyone. It was a really fun Halloween...

My only complaint is the manners on kids trick or treating! I would get kids at my door that would just stand there when they came to the door instead of "trick or treat." I am talking about school aged children that know. I had one kid, as I was putting candy in his bag, "can I get a Reese's?" with much attitude. I replied with a "no." I am a little biased, b/c it was the same group of kids that knocked Hayden down at another house. What is even worse, the parents were there and didn't do anything. Parents...disipline your children! Don't let things like that just fly! There, I am done with that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad that you gave that kid a big "no" on the reese's its not that hard to say trick or treak in fact i think i would have just stared back at them until they said it :) Sounds like you guys had a great halloween!
andrea