These are from my 10 year high school reunion in June 2009! It is great to know that no matter how old we get, a day hasn't went by. Being a mother with a world of responsibility, I forget what it was like before children and jobs. We were careless and free to learn and make mistakes.When I was 17 years old, I looked at people my age now and really thought they had it together. Even my parents, I looked up to them and they seemed to have it all together. In all reality, we are always learning at any age. I don't think we will ever have ourselves together like we think we should. I remember why I had this draft saved and originally started....I watched "17 Again with Zac Efron and it's about a guy whose life didn't quite turn out how he wanted it to and wishes he could go back to high school and change it. He wakes up one day and is seventeen again and gets the chance to rewrite his life. Turns out that he realizes that his wife was the best decision he ever made, even if he didn't get the sports scholarship he wanted and blamed her for years for it. It is amazing because people shouldn't don't things for granted and everything happens for a reason. I truly believe that one can't live in a life of regret because life isn't the movies and you can't change the past. Live in the present and try to learn for the future. As much as I ponder,(like the movies) what life would have been like if I took the other forks in my road, I wouldn't want to change anything. I just wouldn't. I have 3 beautiful children, a beautiful roof over our head, a husband who works hard to provide and love...blessing with no regret! ~Sorry, I am in one of those moods~ ha-ha
No comments:
Post a Comment