Monday, July 21, 2008

My Beautiful Weekend

June 19, 2008

I had a very eventful Saturday. I attended a baptism for Michal, daughter of a great couple (Rachel & Dylan). Ronnie is out at South Carolina for training, so I brought my mom with to lighten my load and then I could enjoy my self a little more. The baptism was so personal. There were bag pipes, an african american gospel singer (excellent voice!), and Rachel's uncle "John the Baptist" an Indian man with a sweet heart. During the "ceremony," the parents and godparents took their shoes off and rolled their pants to proceed into the water. Hayden unstrapped his sandles and went in also. It was actually cute, but he was also off to the side, so he didn't interupt. It was awesome. Then we all gathered at their house after for great food and company. I will be doing that with the next child. I would love to make it more about celebrating and welcomining my child into the world of God rather than going to a church service and having a 5 minute honor. It just never occured to me to do something, so unique.

The boys were off to my parents' house. Which is always bittersweet. Then I headed to my friend, Tina's house for the Annual Post 4th of July Party. It was so fun, and just when I could put my feet up, AJ called with news of her labor proceeding. I was so excited. AJ had wanted me to come and videotape the birth and just make me a part of her family's experience. What an honor! But the call was just a warning call, but think she knew she was going to have the baby. As of the 8:45pm call, AJ had contractions for four hours. I was thinking that there had to be no way those would stop. I didn't get a call after that, but I did go home in case the baby did come anyway.

June 20, 2008,

So, I left Roberts, WI at 12:30am and got home about 1am or so. I called Ronnie to say good night and turned on TV to start going to sleep. Just as my eyes began to close, my cell phone rings. It is Bill! They both were at the hospital and the baby was coming fast! Oh crap! I got to Unity Hospital in Fridley in about 15 minutes! I made time, I think! I checked in with the security guard and went up to the nurse's station. They told me to wait in the waiting room because AJ was getting her epidural. 5 minutes goes by....10 minutes go by.....17 minutes go by...no one came. I got up to let them know that AJ wanted me there to videotape and to make sure she still wanted me there. She did! When I get into the room, AJ was already pushing. My mind was going a million miles a minute. I grabbed the camera from poor Bill and motioned to him to focus on AJ. I apologized to AJ and told her I was in the waiting room. AJ and Bill make such a great birthing team. They are just such a great couple and can feed off each other. I was blessed to see such a personal experience of them. AJ was in such great spirits and her excitement was overwhelming. She was great! She kept pushing, pushing, pushing and it wasn't progressing as much as AJ expected. She was getting exhausted and I just wanted to pat the top of her head and let her know it was ok. The nurse noticed that AJ held alot of tension in her legs and mention to grab those legs and focus on using only her vaginal muscles (can I say that word on here? ha-ha) The baby girl was out with two pushes! Amazing! AJ is so appreciative of her babies. She was going on about how happy her little one was here. The little girl cried, but seized when she heard AJ's voice. I wanted to cry. Everything was beautiful! Bill also could talk to the baby and she could recognize his voice. I could just feel the energy in the room. AJ turned to Bill after a nurse asked what her name was going to be. Bill answered AJ with, "Jacklyn." AJ looked at their baby and disagreed. They decided on

Laila Beth Heer
born July 20, 2008
at 2:28 am
7 lbs. 1 oz.
20 inches
Congratulations to the Heer family for their perfect bundle of joy! Thank you for making me a part of this great experience. I will never forget the day that Laila Beth came in this world. I will go to may parents' house to add pictures of her. But Laila looks like her older sister Delaney, but has her even bigger sister Cecelia's big beautiful eyes.

No comments: