Wyatt (15 Months) & Hayden (2y 9m)A Day at Saint Anthony Main in Minneapolis
September 21, 2008
Playing in the backyard
September 19, 2008

Hayden and Wyatt in their new Castle.
September 24, 2008
My boys are changing everyday. Hayden has so many questions and asks, "why" for everything. It challenges your intellect as a parent. Hayden got a new tricycle from Once Upon A Child for $8.50. It is the best investment I could have EVER spent. Hayden's face lights up when he rides that bike and I can feel my heart lighten a little each time. He got on that bike with frustration, but with determination and by noon, he was a pro. He did it and he was so proud of himself also. Riding a bike requires quite a bit of coordination and strength to get used to using those muscles. Hayden flies by me now with a helmet and all. Hayden LOVES, LOVES, LOVES instruments. He was given an unwanted Guitar Hero guitar from his Uncle Bart, and Hayden brings it everywhere and rocks out. My brother and father even showed him how to make that "guitar face." Hayden is a very passionate child and it shows in a negative way as well as a positive. When he is grown, I hope I will always remember how kind he can be and even empathic and considerate Hayden is at such a young age. I like to think that was all my doing, but he has always been preprogrammed that way.
Wyatt is my sweet, loving, wild child. He keeps me on my toes to say the least. He has been more physically challenging then Hayden has ever been, but I would never classify him as a problem child. He has so many words and actions that shocks me everyday. I brought out a yogurt today during snack for myself and Wyatt indicated that he wanted some. I explained that it was mommy's and he kept pointing at the yogurt and pointing to himself with several grunts to follow. I was amazed how persuasive and persistent he was being without screaming and crying. Wyatt is my side kick and mama's boy when he isn't wrestling his big brother. I swore I was NEVER going to be a wrestling family and my kids do it anyway. Go figure! I love that Wyatt says,"Ma" continuously now to get my attention and tells or shows me things. He's a little pointer. Wyatt just loves to do whatever makes you laugh even if it is climbing up the 5 cement stairs outside or the bay window just so you will come and get him. Wyatt's kisses are breathless. When he is happy or even just saying goodbye, you are getting a kiss. My boys' hugs and kisses are my balance in life, but will make anyone's day. When we are out and about, they say, "hi" to everyone. I think it is cute, of course and polite to be friendly, but I can't believe ho many people are downers and ignore their cute smiling faces.
I feel that I don't talk about my boys enough in a positive way, because I am so stressed out most of the time and getting the venting out really is the only way I can enjoy them later. I appreciate each and everyday that I have on this earth with my boys even including Ronnie. They are my world and I wouldn't be who I am without them and no where near complete.

No comments:
Post a Comment