It has been a bittersweet week. Another part of Ronnie's family died on September 3. His kind of, I guess step-uncle, Rick. It is very sad to see his cousins so sad, because he was a very important father figure in all their lives. Rick under went heart surgery about a month or so ago and did well and then all of a sudden on Tuesday, he had a stroke that he just couldn't come back from. My thoughts and prayers go out to them. I am sad to see Rick go, because he was a great guy.
The sweet part of this bittersweet is that yesterday was Ronnie and my four year wedding anniversary. I had a CRAZY day at daycare with lots of kids, but thanks goodness we could get away for dinner. We went to our NOW self pronounced restaurant of choice, Muffalettas. I had an excellent swordfish in a cabbage fluff and Ronnie had the duck. We celebrated by bringing a special bottle of wine to share and since none of the deserts were sounding good, we headed to Chianti Grill for desert. Before we headed over there, I finally made it to the jewelers to drop off my wedding rings to be soddered together. I am so excited to get them back! It was nice to play husband and wife and not mommy and daddy for the evening. However, the boys had a blast with Ronnie's parents. It worked out pretty well.
Life....I keep telling myself that there are good things that happens and there are bad things that happen, but if you realize there IS more good than bad, then you are living.
2 comments:
Very sad about rick i didnt know him or meet him but i heard very good things about him. Sounds like you guys had a wonderful anniversary congratulations and happy anniversary
love always
andrea and mike!
Fragile.
Our lives are fragile and can break or be lost at any time.
I am happy and proud that you and Ronnie took the time to recognize your love for one another.
Post a Comment